Monday, June 09, 2008

No more countdown

Only a week ago I was surrounded by boxes, unpacking and settling into my new apartment and now here I am surrounded by cases, packed up and ready to head off. In a matter of hours L and I will be boarding a plane and heading via a hop (Brussels) skip (Chicago) and a jump to Nashville where we will begin the first leg of our month long trip out of the holy land and into a new world... well a new world for us anyway.


I cannot believe right now that it was a little less then six months ago when we both decided, pretty much on a whim, that we would travel to the States, go to a music festival and then perhaps see what else was going on in the country. From where we are now, thinking about where we were then, it is pretty crazy to think how easily that decission was made.


So here we are now, ready to go and somehow I feel on the one hand like we are going forever and on the other like it will be over in seconds. Either way I am ready to love every minute of it and if not... well I'll see you in Maine babe.

Our only guide... Lonely planet

No comments: